Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Vegan MoFo VII: Brrr. It's Cold in Here.


TV Tuesday!  Dudes.  If I could do dinner and a movie themes for the rest of my life, I totally would.  This blog is filled with them.  Some of my favorites include: 200 Cigarettes, Serenity, How to Deal and my recent Supernatural post.  The point is that I have a serious love for television and film...and I feel like food turns it into an experience.

So, I just knew I had to do something Bring It On related in order to highlight my absolute obsession with 90s teen movies.  The plan: Bring It On and a slumber party to remember!

Totchos: nacho cheeze sauce, black beans, taco tvp, guac, salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, cilantro
Beat These Buffys Down Menu
Cheertater Totchos
Big Red Velvet Cupcakes
Ice Ice Cold Chocolate Stout (or root beer) Floats

Bring It On is a lovely cheerleading movie that has all the makings of a classic 90s teen film.  Dark comedy.  Inexplicable acting by R&B or rap artists.  Ties to the Buffyverse.  A horrible string of straight to DVD sequels.  Plus...spirit fingers!

I thought what better way to rule a cheerocracy than with these slammin' cheertater totchos.  I had a completely life altering moment the second I tasted the totchos for the first time.  Like, I'm pretty sure I'm tot pregnant right now.
delicious organic chocolate stout float.  mmm...
Had I not been hanging out in the afterglow of totcho lovin', I would have made the cupcakes.  Instead, I opted to feed my face boozy floats.  The chocolate stout float was legit!  I cannot think of a better combo at a grown up slumber party than totchos and stout floats!  And don't forget to get the routine down!

That's all right.  That's okay.  You're gonna pump our gas someday!


5 comments:

Amey said...

ha ha, tot pregnant! I haven't had a tater tot in years. I have no idea how long. I have probably had tater tots fewer than 5 times in my life. I wonder why? They look pretty right on.

Kendy P said...

i so want some totchos now!

Katie said...

I am a choreographer. That's what I do. You are cheerleaders. Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded. What you do is a tiny, pathetic subset of dancing. I will attempt to turn your robotic routines into poetry, written with the human body. Follow me, or perish, sweater monkeys.

Jes said...

I heart you so bad! LOVED Bring It On!!!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Yes! Totchos! they look spectacular!